Your Next Move – Registered Nurse Program
At Your Next Move, we’ve worked hard to put together an exceptional, efficient and compassionate Nurse Program with a Registered Nurse Patient Advocate. If you are interested in learning more about Aging in Place, please contact Your Next Move to set up a consultation with one of our registered nurses. We’d love to answer your questions and encourage calls, emails or both! 919-601-8203
Here’s what we do for our clients:
• Our R.N. patient advocate comes to the client’s home and does a full medical and lifestyle assessment. This includes the physical and cognitive capabilities of the client, the appropriateness of the medications the client takes, their nutrition, and more.
• Based on what was learned from the assessment, we develop a detailed written plan, which we send to the adult children or the caregiver for review. We put together an In-Home program that fits the specific needs of the individual. A personalized action plan that fits the client’s situation will be developed by prioritizing the clients needs.
• This plan would include our R.N. patient advocate conducting regular in-home visits, accompanying the client to their doctors, coordinating care with doctors and other professionals involved in the client’s care, and communicating with families.
Studies have proven that a weekly visit by a Registered Nurse patient advocate dramatically improves a client’s quality of life and below are some of the advantages of this service.
• Reduction in medication errors by checking that medications are being taken appropriately and on schedule.
• Reduction in hospitalizations and other health crises by working with the client’s doctors to address health and lifestyle issues before they become major problems.
• Promotes peace of mind in family members by sending them a Family Report after each visit to the home or doctor.
• Ease client concerns by making sure all of their questions are addressed during a visit to the doctor.
• Provides continuity of care, ensuring each of the client’s doctors receives pertinent medical records and information.